For the past three years, I have purchased and completed Leonie Dawson’s Business Planner. The part of the planner that I normally dread for one reason or another is the looking back section. I am always convinced that I could have done more – until I see what I actually accomplished.
As I enter my third year of full-time business ownership, I recognize the need to review my past year accomplishments – not only on a business level but on a personal level.
In 2016, for the first time ever, I chose a word for the year. My word was “CHANGE”, and OMG – who knew.
So what changed in 2016?
- First and foremost, I moved from New York to Texas
- I rebranded Café and Laptop
- I changed the Café and Laptop website – moving from WordPress to Squarespace
- I hired my first employee, changing Café and Laptop from a one-person business to an agency model!
But change was not the only thing that happened in 2016. Some of my major 2016 highlights are:
- I was a speaker at the Type A Conference (Las Vegas and Orlando)
- Beta launched the Simple Social Academy (you will hear more about this later)
- Created my first ever vision board – OMG, what a great experience!
- I was invited to speak at a Social Media Conference, but unfortunately, I couldn’t participate)
- Increased Video Content on my Facebook Business and Group page (total of 67 videos – combination of live and pre-recorded video)
- Conducted 36 live social media trainings in New York, Texas, Massachusetts, and Washington DC – training approximately 180 people.
- Increased my service offering to include Social Media and Tech Audits, Social Media Management, Social Media and Tech Consulting, Social Media & Tech Training, and Social Media Graphics.
This past year, as I was dealing with moving and getting the family and myself acclimated to the new state, I decided not to invest in myself or the business until the end of the year. At the end of the year, December 2016, I decided to join the 90 Day Year. I look forward to sharing my huge success in the program and in 2017!
Your turn, what major things have you accomplished in 2016 and what are you most looking forward to for 2017?